Provide all information requested on the attached Admission Application. An application with unanswered questions will not be considered. The Statement of Nomination is to be completed by the Chief Executive Officer of your agency or an upper-command staff member. Statement of Nominations must be received before an application will be considered.
STEP is intended for sworn police or sheriff first line supervisors who are newly promoted or about to be promoted and employed full-time as a law enforcement officer.
Applications are accepted on a first to apply, first to be considered basis.
Admission preference will be given to persons:
- Recently promoted sergeants and/or first line supervisors, [i.e. within one year]
- Prospective sergeants with the promotion date set[ in the coming twelve months]
- Sergeants who have been in the position [for greater than a year]
- Non-sworn staff who were recently promoted [i.e. within one year]
- Non-sworn staff with a promotion date set [within the coming twelve months]
- Non-sworn staff who have been in the supervisory position [for greater than a year]
- Interested officers with no promotion date noted, but have supervisor’s recommendation accompanied by a sign off by the chief Note: Interested officers will need to have a supervisor’s recommendation with a sign off by the chief to even be considered.
- The STEP application document will be revised to state the above priority ranking for accepting applications.
Note: if a lower ranking application is placed on hold, it will be approved, if 45 days prior to the start of class, there are still openings.
2023 Spring and Fall Schedule
CLASS IS NOW FULL
Week 1: March 13-17, 2023
Week 2: April 10-14, 2023
Week 3: May 15-17, 2023
Week 1: September 11-15, 2023
Week 2: October 9-13, 2023
Week 3: November 13-15, 2023
College credit is available through Franklin University. Please contact us for more information.